Audio recordings are helpful when reviewing notes. The microphone on Mac will record nearby sounds during a class or meeting. In Notability, your notes will automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can click a part of your note and hear what was being said when you wrote it.
- Click in the toolbar to start a recording.
- Click again to stop recording.
- To start playing back an audio recording, click the chevron or down arrow in the toolbar next to the microphone, then click .
- Use to navigate your note. Click anything that was added while recording to jump to that point in the audio.
- To adjust playback speed, click .
- To rewind 10 seconds to hear what was just, click .
- Click and hold on the scrub handle to move the playhead to a specific point in the recording.
- To manage recordings, click .
- To hear a specific recording, click that recording.
- To delete a recording, select it, control-click it or tap the trackpad with two fingers, and then click Delete.
- To turn off Note Replay, uncheck the box. Audio will be played, but your notes will not be animated with the audio.
Add mp3 or mp4 Audio Files
Audio files can be added to notes in several ways. Drag an audio file from the desktop onto:
- An open note. Click the chevron or down arrow next to the microphone to listen to the audio.
- The note list. A new note will be created containing that audio file.
- A subject. A new note will be created in that subject containing the audio file.