Notability can import PDF, RTF, and Note files. Using Google Drive, Notability can import DOC, PPT, and XLS files.
- Simply drag and drop a file from the desktop into the note list or a subject. This will create a new note for that file.
- You can also drag and drop a PDF directly into a note to add it to that note.
- Files can also be imported by going to File > Import (from the File menu at the top of your computer screen) and select the file or files you wish to import. These files will import into the currently selected subject.
To export a single note:
- Click the thumbnail of the note you wish to export.
- Select File > Export from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen.
- Choose PDF, ZIP (PDF + Recording), RTF, or Note file type.
- Zip files can be unzipped to access audio recordings.
- Note format files can only be read by Notability.
To export multiple notes:
- Hold down the Command key.
- Click the notes you wish to export to select them.
- Release Command key and drag notes to your desktop or another application.
- The selected notes will all be exported in Note format to the destination.
Sharing notes with friends, students, or colleagues is easy in Notability.
- Click on a note thumbnail and drag it directly to the desktop, Dropbox, or Google Drive. You can also drag and drop notes into Apple mail. Dragging and dropping a note will share the note in .note format, which only Notability can read.
- Once on the desktop, you can share a note through any email service by attaching it like any other file.
- From Google Drive or Dropbox, you can share a note by sharing the folder it's in or by sharing just the note from the service.
- Shared folders are a quick and easy way for a group to share notes on a subject or on a project.