There are several aspects of the app that can be adjusted or set as default in settings. Tap , in the lower library toolbar to open settings. Below is a list of features that can be found in settings:
- Auto-backup - Automatically backup your notes to a cloud service.
- Manage Accounts - Log in or out of cloud services.
- iCloud - Keep your notes up to date across devices.
- Themes - Change the look and feel of Notability.
- Default note title - Choose a title and include date & time.
- Paper style - Choose a default paper type.
- Default font style.
- Tap anywhere to start typing.
- Tap and hold to start zoom writing.
- Left handed mode. This allows the palm rest to be dragged down from the top of the screen.
- Automatic palm detection can be turned off.
- Ignore iOS sleep timer.