If you receive an error while importing a file into Notability, these suggestions may help resolve the error.
1. Reconnect Notability to your Google Drive account.
When importing a Microsoft Office file, Notability uses Google Drive to convert the file into a PDF file, which is easier for the app to use. If you receive an error when importing a Microsoft Office file, try logging out of and back into your Google Drive account before trying to import the file again:
On iOS, you can reconnect to Drive by going to the "Manage Accounts" section of Notability's settings.
On Mac, you can reconnect to Drive by going to "Notability's > Preferences…" in Notability's menu bar.
If reconnecting to Drive doesn't help, please ensure that your Google Drive account isn't out of storage space. If you go to https://drive.google.com, a column on the left side of the screen should show how much available storage space you have.
2. Try a different web browser.
In some situations, the way a web browser handles a file can interfere with the export process. If you receive an error while sending a file to Notability from the iOS Chrome app, try sending the file from Safari instead.
3. Try a different sharing option.
When sending a file to Notability from another app, there may be two options with Notability's icon: one that says "Notability" and one that says "Copy to Notability". If you have only tried the "Notability" option, try the "Copy to Notability" option instead.
If you're sending a file to Notability from a web browser and the share button (the square with an up arrow) leads to an error, try the following instead:
- View the file in your web browser.
- Tap anywhere on the file.
- Tap "Open in…" (iOS 9) or "More…" (iOS 10) from the menu that appears.
- Tap "Notability", "Copy to Notability" (iOS 9), or "Import With Notability" (iOS 10).
4. Let us know!
If you continue to receive errors, feel free to let us know! We'd be happy to help investigate. Simply click the "Submit a request" button in the top right corner of this page, and send us these details:
- What types of files are you trying to import?
- Where are you trying to import the files from?
- What specific error message have you received?