Notability can import PDF, RTF, Note, DOC, PPT, and XLS files.
- Drag-and-drop a file into your note list or a subject to make a new note for that file.
- Drag-and-drop a PDF onto an open note to add the PDF to the end of the note.
- Click "File > Import" at the top of your Mac's screen and select the files you'd like to import. The files will be added to the currently selected subject.
To export a single note:
- Click the thumbnail of the note you'd like to export.
- Click "File > Export" at the top of your Mac's screen.
- Click PDF, ZIP (PDF + Recording), RTF, or Note.
- Zip files can be unzipped to access audio recordings.
- Note format files can only be read by Notability.
- Select a destination folder for your note.
To export multiple notes:
- Hold down your keyboard's command key.
- Click the notes you'd like to export to select them.
- Release the command key.
- Drag the notes to your desktop or another app.
- The selected notes will be exported in Note format.
Sharing notes with friends, students, or colleagues is easy in Notability.
- Click a note thumbnail and drag it to the desktop, Dropbox, or Google Drive. You can also drag and drop notes into Apple Mail. Dragging and dropping a note will share the note in .note format, which only Notability can read.
- Once exported, you can share a note through email by attaching it like any other file.
- From Google Drive or Dropbox, you can share a note by sharing the folder it's in or by sharing just the note.
- Shared folders are an easy way to share notes with a group.