You can write notes, draw diagrams, sign documents, annotate PDFs, sketch pictures, and more.
- Adding Handwriting
- Changing Ink Color, Width, or Style (Dotted and Dashed Lines)
- Erasing Handwriting
- Adding Favorites
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Editing Handwriting
- Grouping Ink
- Scrolling while Writing
- Select or .
(On iPhone, tap the currently selected tool first.)
- Use a finger, stylus, or writing tablet to write, sketch, highlight, or color anywhere.
Changing Ink Color, Width, or Style (Dotted and Dashed Lines)
- On iPad and Mac, select or again.
- Access dotted and dashed lines by swiping over to the second pen styles page.
- On iPhone, tap .
- Select .
- Tap a handwritten stroke to erase it.
- Learn how to add commonly used brush settings to your Favorite Tools.
Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Tap to undo your latest change.
- On iOS 13, double-tap the screen twice using three fingers.
- On iOS 13, swipe left on the screen with three fingers.
- Press and hold to access the Redo button.
- On iOS 13, swipe right on the screen with three fingers.
- Select .
Optionally, choose again to change the selection style.
- Circle the handwriting you'd like to edit.
- Tip: Transform an existing line into a dotted or dashed line by going to Style and then selecting a dotted or dashed line style.
- To move handwriting, tap/click and drag it.
- To restyle, cut, copy, or delete handwriting, tap inside the dotted line.
- To paste handwriting, tap and hold at a new location after using cut or copy.
- To resize handwriting, place two fingers in the selected area and pinch or expand.
- To rotate handwriting, place two fingers in the selected area and rotate.
Select handwriting and group them as a single item. Grouped elements can be moved, scaled, and rotated like media objects.
- Select the Lasso tool and draw around the separate ink that you'd like to combine together.
- Click/tap inside the drawn circle and a menu will appear.
- Select "Group." You can now make changes (move, scale, rotate) to the items as one.
Want to make your own stickers from ink? Check out this article here.
Scrolling while Writing
- On iPhone, use the scroll bar on the right side of the screen to scroll with one finger.
- On iPad and elsewhere on iPhone, use two fingers to scroll.