You can write notes, draw diagrams, sign documents, annotate and highlight PDFs, sketch pictures, and more.
- Tap or .
(On iPhone, tap the currently selected tool first.)
- Use a finger or stylus to write, sketch, highlight, or color anywhere.
Changing Ink Color and Width
- On iPad, tap or again.
- On iPhone, tap .
- Tap .
- Tap a handwritten stroke to erase it.
Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Tap to undo your latest change.
- On iOS 13, double-tap the screen twice using three fingers.
- On iOS 13, swipe left on the screen with three fingers.
- Press and hold to access the Redo button.
- On iOS 13, swipe right on the screen with three fingers.
- Tap .
Optionally, tap again to change the selection style.
- Circle the handwriting you'd like to edit.
- To move handwriting, tap and drag it.
- To restyle, cut, copy, or delete handwriting, tap inside the dotted line.
- To paste handwriting, tap and hold at a new location after using cut or copy.
- To resize handwriting, place two fingers in the selected area and pinch or expand.
- To rotate handwriting, place two fingers in the selected area and rotate.
Scrolling while Writing
- On iPhone, use the scroll bar on the right side of the screen to scroll with one finger.
- On iPad and elsewhere on iPhone, use two fingers to scroll.