- Buying Notability
- Downloading Notability on Multiple Devices
- Updating Notability
- Educational Discounts
Notability is available for purchase in Apple's App Store. It requires iOS 13+ and/or macOS 10.15+ and works on iPad, Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Notability runs natively on Macs with Apple's M1 chip.
If you have both versions, you can sync notes between them through iCloud.
After you purchase Notability, you can download it on as many devices as you like. If a device is logged into the Apple ID you used to purchase Notability , the app will be available for free in your device's list of purchased apps.
If it looks like the App Store will charge you again, these steps may nudge it into order:
- Log out of the App Store.
- Restart your device.
- Log back into the App Store.
If the version of Notability you're downloading is in your purchase history, tapping or clicking the button to buy Notability will make the App Store check your history, see that you bought the app, and download it for free.
If that doesn't help, contact Apple Support.
Finding Your Version of Notability
- iOS: Open Notability, tap the Settings (gear) icon > About tab
- Mac: Open Notability and click "Notability > About Notability" in your Mac's menu bar.
- Open the iOS or Mac App Store.
- Tap or click "Updates".
- Tap or click "Update" next to Notability.
The App Store doesn't have a way to offer school-wide licenses, so an individual license is required for each iPad. However, we participate in Apple's Volume Purchase Program for Education, so schools get a 50% discount when buying at least 20 copies at once.
- You can learn more about using Apple School Manager and Apple Business Manager here.