We added amazing features to the PDF system in Notability 6.0 (iOS) and 2.0 (Mac). Our goal was to make Notability the only place you need to go for all of your PDF needs. Here's what's new:
- Highlight both PDF text and typed text. Highlights will stay with the text, even if moved around.
- For PDF text, you can now also copy, paste, define (iOS only), and speak (iOS only) selected text.
- Active link support for PDFs - both internal (such as Table of Contents) and external (URLs, emails).
A few helpful notes:
- To make a text box in a PDF, tap (iOS) or click (Mac) in a blank space of the note.
- To make text boxes or to start typing left-aligned, tap and hold (iOS) or secondary-click (Mac) on blank space in PDF.
- Tapping (iOS) or clicking (Mac) on top of PDF text will not make a text box.
- If there is left-aligned type on a page, text boxes can't be added to that page with a single tap or click.
For more information on highlighting text, please see these articles: