Straight lines are great for making graphs, designs, and shapes like squares and triangles.
Drawing Straight Lines
- Tap or .
- Draw a line and momentarily hold your finger or stylus down at the end.
- The line will automatically straighten.
- Keep moving your finger or stylus to resize the line or change its angle.
- If you pause while resizing the line, a magnifying loupe appears to help you work on fine details.
To help make crisp designs and shapes, straight lines behave uniquely when made.
- Straight lines automatically connect to nearby straight lines.
- Straight lines snap to lines and intersections in Notability's grid papers.
- Straight lines snap to 45-degree increments to make specific angles.
After you draw a straight line, it behaves like any other handwriting. If you use Notability's grid paper, however, the line will snap to the grid's lines and intersections when you move the line with the scissors.
Here's a brief example of how you can make and use straight lines on iOS: