On old iPads, Notability blurs images in a note to reduce strain on the iPad's processor. This can't be disabled because doing so would impact Notability's performance, but there are a couple of ways to work with images on older devices.
View an Image in the Figure Editor
- Tap the text tool.
- Tap an image to select it.
- Tap "Edit" in the menu that appears.
Convert an Image into a PDF
- Open a note with a blurred image.
- Move and resize the image to desired size.
- Tap .
- Tap "Other Apps".
- Choose PDF as the note's format.
- Tap "Share Note".
- Tap Notability in the list of apps that appears.
- This sends the PDF back to Notability with clear images.