- Downloading Synced Notes from iCloud
- Downloading Backup Copies of Notes
- Finding Notes in an iTunes Backup
- Restoring a Device to an iCloud Drive Backup
Downloading Synced Notes from iCloud
If your notes are synced to iCloud, you can restore them by turning on Notability's iCloud setting as described here.
If you don't know whether your notes were synced to iCloud, open your iPad's Settings app and go through these menus to find a list of the notes in iCloud:
- [your Apple ID] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Notability > You should see a list of your note names here.
Downloading Backup Copies of Notes
If Notability's Auto-Backup feature was on, you can download your backup copies into Notability as described here.
Finding Notes in an iTunes Backup
If your notes weren't synced to iCloud but you made an iTunes backup of your iPad, you can get notes from that through an app such as iExplorer for Mac or PC. For steps to do so, please contact us.
Restoring a Device to an iCloud Drive Backup
If your notes weren't synced to iCloud, your notes may have been included in an iCloud backup of your entire iPad.
- On your iPad, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
- If there is a "BACKUPS" list, tap a backup to see whether it contains data from Notability.
If you have a backup with data from Notability, you can wipe your iPad and restore that backup as described here.