If you're attempting to email a note but the compose window does not appear or the compose window appears but the Send button is grayed out, then the steps below may help.
1. Check that the Mail app is installed on your device.
If you've removed the default Mail app from your iPad or Mac, then try reinstalling it from the App Store and then try sending an email again in Notability.
2. Ensure that an email account is active on your device.
- iOS: Go to your iPad's "Settings > Mail > Accounts" and make sure an email account has been added.
- Mac: Go to "Mail app > Mail > Accounts" and make sure an email account has been added.
3. Ensure that "Mail" is enabled for your account on your device.
- iOS: Go to your iPad's "Settings > [your Apple ID] > iCloud > toggle "Mail" on.
- Mac: Go to > System Preferences > Internet Accounts > iCloud > check "Mail".
4. Check for restrictions.
If your iPad is company-managed, then there may be some restrictions on it for emailing files.
- Under "Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management," you may be able to see if there are email restrictions placed on your device.