Use the Select (formerly Lasso) tool to draw selections around handwriting or sketches.
Choose from Boxed or Freeform options:
- Draw a shape and then tap .
- Draw around the shape with the Select tool.
- Place your finger or stylus within the selection and drag to move the shape.
- Pinch to scale the shape or use the boxed select tool to create a bounding box.
- Drag the corners of the bounding box to scale with precision.
Rotation and Styling
- Twist two fingers to rotate or use the bounding box handle to rotate with precision.
- Tap once inside the selection to display a popover with the options to style, cut, copy, or delete.
- Once you copy, tap and hold to paste somewhere new.
Tips and Tricks
If you need to make a selection for handwriting spanning more than one page, you can use the following workaround:
- Open two notes using Multi-Note.
- Tap on the note that you want to use and then tap on the Select tool.
- Zoom out so that the Select tool can span multiple pages.
- Draw as you normally would to select the items that you want to take action with.
- Tap inside the selected items to style, cut, convert to text, copy, or delete.
Copy ink as an image (spanning more than one page), and drag it into another app:
- Use Split View as described in this guide here to open Notability and another app.
- You'll now be able to see more than one page at once in Notability.
- Tap on the Select tool and draw to select the items that you want to take action with.
- Tap and hold the selected items and then drag them into another app.