Expand your color palette by saving up to 32 custom colors in Notability.
Colors can be chosen with a color wheel or by entering a HEX value. The color dropper easily allows you to select any color in your note and save that as one of your custom colors.
Selecting Custom Colors
- Open a note and select the Pen or Highlighter tool
- iOS: Swipe the color grid left twice (heart icons)
- Mac: Click on the arrow twice (heart icons)
- Tap/click the '+' in the first circle
- Select a color by using the color picker, color dropper or by entering a HEX value in the field below
- Tap the blue checkmark to save your custom color
- Select up to 32 custom colors!
Editing and Deleting Custom Colors
- Navigate to your custom colors by selecting the Pen or Highlighter tool
- iOS: Swipe the color grid left twice to access custom colors
Mac: Click on the arrow twice to access custom colors
- iOS: Long-press the custom color you'd like to update
Mac: Right-click the custom color you'd like to update
- Select 'Edit' or 'Delete' from the popover
- Tap/click the blue checkmark to save your custom color if you are editing the color value
Creating Paper Backgrounds in Any Color
1. Create a custom color
2. Select a wide pen width, draw a small square, and fill it with the custom color
3. Select the lasso tool and scale the square beyond the page boundaries
4. Export the note as a PDF
5. Import the PDF back into Notability