Give interactive online lectures
Steps for Screen Sharing from your iPad
- Connect your iPad to your Mac via a lightning cable.
- Open QuickTime on your Mac.
- Click on File > New Movie Recording.
- Change the source to the name of your iPad. The source can be changed by clicking on the small arrow next to the red recording dot.
- When presenting in Google Meet, choose Application Window to share your screen and select QuickTime Player.
Use Notability like a digital whiteboard and present lessons in real time. With Presentation Mode, you can draw, type, scroll/zoom and engage students with tools such as the Laser Pointer.
Tip: You can use an iOS wireless screen-mirroring app, such as Reflector, to mimic the iPad on your computer screen while presenting via a conferencing app.
Share notes with audio recordings
Record lessons in Notability using your iPad's screen recorder. Share the video online via Youtube or in a shared Google Drive folder, so students can refer back to concepts on their time.
You can also connect your iPad to your Mac via a USB cable and record your iPad screen using Quicktime Player.
Tip: To record your screen with an embedded webcam, Screencastify for Chrome is a simple and free option.