- Making Subjects and Dividers
- Naming Subjects
- Moving Notes into Subjects
- Editing Subjects and Dividers
- Sorting Notes
Notability's Library lets you put notes in groups:
- Notes are your individual files.
- Subjects let you group notes together.
- Dividers let you group subjects together.
Making Subjects and Dividers
- Tap .
- Tap "Create Subject" or "Create Divider".
- Nesting: Create dividers within dividers up to five levels deep.
- Type in a name.
- Tap "Done".
Multiple subjects can be created with the same name!
Moving Notes into Subjects
- Press and hold on a note's thumbnail.
- Drag the thumbnail over a subject.
- Let go to drop the note into the subject.
- Tap "Edit".
- Tap notes to select them.
- Press and hold a note's thumbnail.
- Drop the thumbnail into a subject.
- Hold "Shift" and click on a note's thumbnail.
- Drag notes to subject.
Editing Subjects and Dividers
iPad and iPhone
- Open Notability's Library.
- To move a subject or divider, press and hold, then drag it up or down.
- Closed dividers take their subjects with them.
- Open dividers leave subjects where they are.
- To edit a subject or divider, tap Edit and then.
- Tap "Name" to rename a subject or divider.
- Tap "Color" to change a subject's color.
- Toggle on "Lock Subject" to lock a specific subject.
You can read more about locked subjects here.
- Tap "Delete" to delete a subject or divider.
- Deleting a subject will also delete the notes in the subject.
- Deleting a divider will only delete the divider—not the subjects in it.
- Right-click on a divider or subject to edit, rename, or delete.
- Open a subject.
- Scroll above the first note in the subject to find the sort options.
- Modified Date
- Created Date
- Go to " View > Sort Notes" and select from the sort options.
- Modified Date
- Created Nate
- Right-click on a subject name and select "Sort Notes" to display the same sort options as above.