If you receive an error while importing a file, these tips may help.
1. Reconnect Notability to Google Drive.
If an error occurs when importing a Microsoft Office file, log out of and back into Google Drive.
- iOS: Open the "Manage Accounts" tab of Notability's preferences.
- Mac: Click "Notability > Preferences…" in Notability's menu bar.
Also ensure that your Google Drive account is not low on storage space. On drive.google.com, a column on the left side of the screen shows how much space is available.
2. Convert a file into PDF.
3. Try another web browser.
If an error occurs when you send a file to Notability from Chrome for iOS, try Safari instead.
4. Try another sharing option.
When sending a file to Notability from another app, there may be two options with Notability's icon: "Notability" and "Copy to Notability". If you've only tried "Notability", also try "Copy to Notability".
If you send a file to Notability from a web browser and the share button (the square with an up arrow) leads to an error, try these steps:
- Open the file in your web browser.
- Tap anywhere on the file.
- Tap the "Open in…" or "More…" button that appears.
- Tap "Notability" or "Copy to Notability".
5. Let us know!
If you still receive errors, we would be happy to investigate. Please send us:
- One or two files you can't import.
- The steps you take to import the files.
- The specific error message you receive.