If the PDF disappears from the background of a note, put the file back together with the steps below.
- Export the .note (with the missing background) and save it to your hard drive.
- Edit the file extension from .note to .zip
- Unzip that file to open up the contents of your note
- At this root level, create a new folder and name it "PDFs".
- Drag or paste the original missing PDF into the newly named PDFs folder
- Navigate back to the root level of the note and open up a folder named "NBPDFIndex"
- Open the "NoteDocumentPDFMetadataIndex.plist" file
- Copy the information in front of the .PDF up to the parenthesis. Your clipboard should contain a string of characters like so: FB544837-3C4B-4F70-A6D7-E7C9CB242E8C. Go back into the "PDFs" folder and rename the original PDF with the pasted string
- Navigate out of the file and compress the folder back into a .Zip file
- Change the .zip extension into a .note, export to your iPad, and import into Notability
For further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.