Create notes from a Custom Template!
A Custom Template can be set from the Note Gallery, your My Templates section or customized by the following options:
- Template Size (Note: Optimized paper sizes will adjust the text size on text-only notes for optimal viewing across devices)
- Landscape or Portrait
- Paper Color
- Type (Basic, Education, Creative, etc)
Note: One template can be set per note. When creating a custom template from a multi-page PDF, the template will be created from the first page.
Setting a template while in a note
- While in a note, tap the icon and select Templates.
- Choose a template from the Gallery, set a custom template, or navigate to My Templates to import a template from Files, a Cloud Storage option, or using Document Scan.
- Select Apply in the top right corner of the screen.
Setting a template directly from the Gallery
- While in the Gallery, select a note that you would like to use as a template. Many options are available under Topics > Templates.
- Select "Save Template" > "View Template"
- The template will appear under your My Templates section under downloads.
- Select the template and tap Create in the top right corner.
Note: Downloaded Templates from the Gallery are stored locally on your device. If you want to use the same Template on other devices, you will need to download the Template from the Gallery on that device.
Creating a template from an existing note
- While in a note that you would like to convert into a template, open Page Manager by tapping the icon.
- On the desired page, tap the icon > "Create Template"
- For Mac, right-click on the desired page and click "Create Template"
- Name the template and tap Save.
- This template can be located in your My Templates section under Custom Templates.
Setting a Default Template
Navigate to Notability Settings > Document > Default Template > Edit to set a Default Template that will automatically apply to all new notes.