- Information about Grid, Lined and Dotted Templates
- Changing the spacing between lines, boxes and dots
- Setting a template while in a note
- Setting a template directly from the Gallery
- Creating a template from an existing note
- Setting a Default Template
Create notes from a Custom Template!
A Custom Template can be set from the Note Gallery, your My Templates section or customized by the following options:
- Template Size (Note: Optimized paper sizes will adjust the text size on text-only notes for optimal viewing across devices)
- Landscape or Portrait
- Paper Color
- Type (Basic, Education, Creative, etc)
Note: One template can be set per note. When creating a custom template from a multi-page PDF, the template will be created from the first page.
Setting a template while in a note
- While in a note, tap the icon and select Templates.
- Choose a template from the Gallery, set a custom template, or navigate to My Templates to import a template from Files, a Cloud Storage option, or using Document Scan.
- Select Apply in the top right corner of the screen.
Setting a template directly from the Gallery
- While in the Gallery, select a note that you would like to use as a template. Many options are available under Topics > Templates.
- Select "Save Template" > "View Template"
- The template will appear under your My Templates section under downloads.
- Select the template and tap Create in the top right corner.
Note: Downloaded Templates from the Gallery are stored locally on your device. If you want to use the same Template on other devices, you will need to download the Template from the Gallery on that device.
Creating a template from an existing note
- While in a note that you would like to convert into a template, open Page Manager by tapping the icon.
- On the desired page, tap the icon > "Create Template"
- For Mac, right-click on the desired page and click "Create Template"
- Name the template and tap Save.
- This template can be located in your My Templates section under Custom Templates.
Setting a Default Template
Navigate to Notability Settings > Document > Default Template > Edit to set a Default Template that will automatically apply to all new notes.
Information about Grid, Lined and Dotted Templates
Grid, Rule and Dotted templates created after November 21, 2022 will extend to the edge of the page. The space between lines, boxes and dots can be measured using the ruler.
Changing the spacing between lines, boxes and dots
- While in the Templates menu, select a basic template.
- Tap theicon on the corner of the template and use the slider to select a size. The spaces within the lines, boxes and dots correspond to the following physical measurements.
|Spacing 5||1 1/2|
|Spacing 10||1 1/2|
Existing notes will use the previous version of template unless modified by the user. Printed notes will no longer have a box surrounding the page.